Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 32 Postpartum. Vinnie gets a new bed.











Vinnie was moved from an incubator into a heated cot yesterday - quite a milestone. He is now big enough (last weigh in - 2050g) to regulate his own body temperature. He has also been responding really well to the increased dose of steroids and his O2 requirements have dropped a lot. When I left the hospital just over an hour ago he was hovering at around 22.5% (the goal is 21% - so he was close to what you and I are breathing). I shouldn't really allow myself to get too excited at that as no doubt next time I see him he'll be up around 45% again... just the nature of a preterm baby with chronic lung disease I think. After tomorrow they will also start to wean him off the steroids again so his O2 might go up further. Fingers crossed he does a little better this time.

Just a short entry today but thought I'd include a few pics of the little guy in his new cot. You can probably notice how much chubbier he is looking compared with some of the early photos (he has even graduated to bigger nappies!!!).








1 comment:

  1. Wow, that bed looks pretty cosy. Great that he continues to put on weight - he obviously has an appetite like his parents! x

    ReplyDelete